Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Create database in MySQL

After setting up the WAMP Server, I need to figure out how to create a database in MySQL. Though it's not as easy as SQL Server management, it's still straight forward.

1. Start WAMP Server.
2. Go to phpMyAdmin.
    (As I have changed the port number, so I have to manually type this in browser address bar: localhost:81/phpmyadmin)
3. The first page allows you to create a new database.
    Just enter the database name, then click on Create button.

4. Next, we'll need to create a table.
    Just enter the table name, and specify the number of fields.
5. Then, we'll define the fields.
6. To insert records, click on the Insert tab, and enter the values.
7. Finally, if you want to view the records, go to Browse tab.

That's all! Here, I have successfully created the database. It's time for me to start learning php. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Thanks ! for sharing this wonderful news with us.I really like your post as it is informative as well as interesting.I am also quite interested to see your upcoming post for Web Development
    so please keep writing.

    ReplyDelete