Monday, February 15, 2016

How to upload website to the server

After creating the website or application in my computer, I'd always like to upload it to the server, so I can demonstrate it to others before it is officially launched.

This is how I created a demo website:

1) Login to your control panel.

2) Select Web, then Web Sites.


3) You can create New Web Site if you want to or you can also create new virtual directory if you are parking the website under the existing website.

4) Copy the project or website folder into "wwwroot" folder under the existing website. (I prefer to use FileZilla to upload or download files)

5) To create a new virtual directory, click on the existing website in step 3, and click on "Create Directory".

6) Enter the Directory Name and select the Folder you just uploaded to the server, and click on "Create Directory".

7) Once you have successfully created the virtual directory, you can set the properties.
I usually change the Default Documents to my home page.

8) Once you have done, click Update. Then the demo site is ready to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment