Wednesday, March 19, 2008

MCPD - Start the Journey

MCPD
I have been thinking of taking this certification - MCPD (Microsoft Certified Professional Developer) for quite long. Well, actually I have been thinking since MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer), then it changed to MCAD (Microsoft Certified Application Developer). Finally, there came a new generation again.
Finally, I've made a move - we've bought several books yesterday.
Perhaps this time, I'm really going to pursue this cert, because the company is sponsoring. haha~~

My boss has been asking us to look for external courses, and I think pursuing MCPD is a good idea. We've calculated the price of the books we are going to purchase, altogether 7 books, for 3 papers, cost us RM1600. It'll be a burden for me to spend this amount of money just on the books only. As the courses are too expensive, say RM2400 for 3 day course, that is RM800 for a day, RM100 for an hour. We've decided to study by ourselves, and we'll also see if there are any useful or interesting courses, then we can subscribe for them too. Perhaps we'll go for those topic-oriented courses, instead of going for the certication ones.

I wish I can spend one hour per day to study on this. Perhaps reading the books, doing some research online, taking some sample tests. See how it goes.

The papers I'm required to take are as follow:
1) Exam 70-536: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Application Development Foundation
2) Exam 70-528: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Web-Based Client Development
3) Exam 70-547: Designing and Developing Web Applications by using Microsoft .NET Framework


My first paper will be Application Development Foundation. I need to go and check out any resources for this MCPD, and hope to know anyone who's also taking or already taken this cert. ^_^

More to find out soon...... I gotta keep myself motivated. haha~~

Reference:
* MCPD Official website

No comments:

Post a Comment