Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Filter Access Records

I just found out this filter option in Access database recently, it helped me a lot in doing my work, especially when I want to select a range of records.

This is my table records:

To filter the records, go to Records menu --> Filter --> Filter By Form.

Then key in what you want to search for, or select from the dropdownlist for the particular column(s), then right-click on the column header and select 'Apply Filter/Sort'.

The records will be shown:

If you want to perform advanced filter function, you may click on Records menu --> Filter --> Advanced Filter/Sort. The Filter window below will appear. Just define the filter criteria as below, and apply the filter/sort.

The records will be filtered:

This is a simple but useful feature in Microsoft Access. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment